Nightrider will return to the streets of Bristol in 2019! Register to join our team and hundreds of other cyclists before 31 March 2019 for only £35.
As the UK's first Cycling City, Bristol is one of Europe's most bike-friendly destinations and Nightrider provides a unique way to explore its well-known sights and attractions.
Routes are fully signed allowing you to cycle at your own pace and GPS is also provided for those who want it. Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night and a well-earned breakfast and medal will be waiting for you at the finish line.
Bristol 06-07 July 2019
This fun charity night cycle takes place in Bristol, the perfect backdrop for a great night out in the West Country. Explore the city's top sights, attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known treasures.
Nightrider is all about having fun. Whether you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues we can promise you a different kind of Saturday night. This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive but it is all about having a good time and cycling together. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each other and help us to raise funds.
Choose between a 100km or 50km circular route in and around Bristol. The 2019 route will see the ride set off from a central location and follow two 50km loops through the city taking in major landmarks and hidden gems, including the vibrant Harbourside area and iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge. The hills of Bristol can’t be escaped, so be prepared for a hilly ride!
Bristol 100km / 50km Start Waves will be allocated approximately two weeks before the event. Start times begin at 10.30pm.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you're looking for a different enjoyable challenge with fellow cyclists raising funds and an amazing atmosphere, then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling on the road alongside traffic. The roads can be busy even at night, the route is mainly on quieter roads however the route takes in some city centre locations which remain busy all night.
- The event is not a race and is not timed.
- Cycling 100km at night is a challenge so you will need to train. This event is not suitable for beginners.
Sounds like the event for you? We'd love you to join the Sustrans Nightrider Bristol team on one of our limited Charity Places.
All you have to do is pay a registration fee of £45 (£35 before 31 March) to secure your place and raise a minimum sponsorship amount of £175 for Sustrans.
- A fundraising pack filled with ideas to help you reach your fundraising target
- A Sustrans T-shirt and a Nightrider hi-vis vest.
For more information about the events visit the Nightrider website.