With any competition there are terms and conditions. If you would like to enter the Bristol and Bath Railway Path Photography Competition we recommend you read the terms and conditions below.
Bristol and Bath Railway Path Photography Competition
1. The promoter is Sustrans South, whose registered office is 17 Great George Street, Bristol, BS1 5QT.
Sustrans South is a registered charity no. 326550.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of Sustrans, their close relatives or those judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.sustrans.org.uk where you will find the Competition Guidelines.
6. The competition is run on Facebook and by e-mail.
7. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
The competition has four phases each with its own closing date for entries and opening and closing dates for voting. The four closing dates for entries are:
- Phase 1: Entries close at 5.00pm Thursday 28 February 2019
- Phase 2: Entries close at 5.00pm Friday 31 May 2019
- Phase 3: Entries close at 5.00pm Friday 30 August 2019
- Phase 4: Entries close at 5.00pm Thursday 31 October 2019
Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Photos must be sent by email in digital format to [email protected]. Minimum file size is 1MB and the maximum file size is 10MB.
All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
All images entered must celebrate your experiences on the Bristol and Bath Railway Path and what it means to you.
The pictures must be taken on the Bristol and Bath Railway Path.
Entrants must have full copyright for any images they submit. Shortlisted photos will be chosen by representatives from Sustrans South.
The shortlisted photos will be chosen and then uploaded on to our Facebook Gallery. The winning photos are the ones which receive the most ‘likes’ on our Facebook Gallery.
The shortlisted entries will be on our Facebook Gallery and voting will open on:
- Phase 1: 9.00am Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Phase 2: 9.00am Wednesday 5 June 2019
- Phase 3: 9.00am Wednesday 4 September 2019
- Phase 4: 9.00am Tuesday 5 November 2019
Voting for the shortlisted entries on our Facebook Gallery will close on:
- Phase 1: 5.00pm Monday 11 March 2019
- Phase 2: 5.00pm Monday 10 June 2019
- Phase 3: 5.00pm Monday 9 September 2019
- Phase 4: 5.00pm Monday 11 November 2019
The winning photo in each category will receive a prize of a calendar comprised of the winning entries.
Winners of each Phase will be contacted shortly after the voting has closed.
The calendar will be produced shortly after the final vote on Monday 11 November 2019.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. The prize is a printed copy of a calendar featuring winning photos of the Bristol and Bath Railway Path.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date of the relevant stage of voting. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will contact the winner to inform them of when and how the prize can be delivered.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. Providing Sustrans South has the consent to do so the winner’s name will be made available on request.
19. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 and that they have been advised of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by Sustrans South.
20. Should the image be shortlisted, you will be contacted to provide written consent for use by the individual (or parent). The photograph can only go through to judging for the shortlist with this consent.
21. Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images, however, by entering all entrants:
(a) grant Sustrans South non-exclusive rights to use the images.
(b) grant Sustrans South non-exclusive rights to use the images to promote the competition the images were submitted to or for similar future competitions within a five year period of the winners of the competition being announced;
(c) agree that the uses referred to at Clauses 21(a) and 21(b) above may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the images (whether on the internet, in Sustrans South’s publications, in exhibitions or otherwise).
(d) agree that Sustrans South may contact them using the contact details they provide to discuss the potential use of the images beyond the promotion of the competition. Such discussion and negotiation will be independent of the competition and will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.