Now in its third year, the Community Links ‘Raising the Standards Day’ is Sustrans Scotland’s annual knowledge sharing day, showcasing exemplar projects delivered through the Community Links programme.
Raising the Standards Day
The day is organised by our Community Links team as an opportunity for staff from local authorities, statutory bodies and other affiliated organisations to meet and learn about exceptional Community Links funded projects from around Scotland.
The event provides an opportunity for Sustrans Scotland’s partners to meet and share project experiences and ideas, and also gives us the opportunity to provide important information about applying for Community Links funding. The event promotes peer-to-peer learning as well as highlighting outstanding practice in designing and delivering Community Links projects.
'Raising the Standards Day 2016' focused on two topics:
- Integrating community engagement into project delivery.
- Development of effective active travel strategies.
We saw some of our partner organisations drawing from their own experience in delivering successful Community Links Projects, and hosted a workshop to explore how comprehensive community engagement can be integrated into Community Links projects.
The presentations from 'Raising the Standards Day 2016' are available below along with material provided at the community engagement workshop.
Downloadable resources from Raising the Standards Day
- Update on local authority active travel strategies (PDF)
- Community Links Application Supporting Information (PDF)
- Community Links PLUS 2016-17 explained (PDF)
- Glasgow's Strategic Plan for Cycling 2016-25 (PDF)
- Dunblane Street Design presentation
- North Ayrshire Council Summary of Community Links (PDF)