Staff, pupils, teachers and parents all contribute to increasing active travel at schools, whether that's walking, cycling or scooting. We know it isn’t always easy so we provide accreditation so you can celebrate your hard work.
“ We have found the Sustrans School Mark a really useful tool. The targets it sets out and the progression between the levels is really clear. ”
We developed School Mark as a bespoke online solution. The School Mark website will guide you through the key steps required to increase and sustain the number of pupils travelling to school actively.
Schools can track progress and access a wealth of supporting resources in order to achieve three levels and become beacons of best practice.
- Bronze is awarded to a school that has worked to bring about some organisational, cultural and behavioural changes which help the school community choose to travel in more active and sustainable ways.
- Silver is awarded to a school that continues to demonstrate its commitment to promoting active and sustainable travel, but with much of the energy and resources coming from within the school and its community.
- Gold is awarded to a school that has demonstrated ongoing commitment to promoting active and sustainable travel over several years, which has led to significant and lasting organisational, cultural and behavioural changes.
School Mark key facts:
- For ages 5-16
- Almost 1,000 accredited schools
- Creates long term cultural change
- Bronze, silver and gold levels
- Links with Eco-schools
For all other UK schools visit our online shop and join our School Travel Subscription Scheme