In 2014, the Tour de France heads to Yorkshire for le Grand Départ.
Schools can now take advantage of the excitement around this unique occasion to promote cycling through our comprehensive Tour education pack.
Bright, bold and inspiring, this is the first education pack to accompany the Tour de France and ties into Key Stages Two and Three, with lesson plans and resources for 11 subjects.
It also includes a section on Yorkshire cycling heroes - and there are many!
Download your education pack:
- Section A (PDF 6mb) - general Tour information and history
- Section B (PDF 3mb) - curriculum resources
- Section C (PDF 2mb) - local information
- Illuminating the Route (PowerPoint 5mb) - accompanies the lesson plans
The pack has been developed by City of York Council, Sustrans, Biz-Ed Projects Ltd, and others with much of the curriculum content being developed by Sustrans Bike It officers in Yorkshire.
Interested in other classroom resources?
“ It was a brilliant afternoon. The pupils enjoyed themselves and learnt so much. They are still talking about it today. ”
- Suss It Out - fun 10, 20 and 30-min classroom activities covering five topics, with no resources or preparation needed
- Big Street Survey - lesson plans and resources to investigate the streets around your school, produce a manifesto for change and influence local and national decision-makers to make it happen