Understanding what works and what doesn’t is crucial to making decisions about investment in transport.
Over 15 years Sustrans' team has pioneered the development of monitoring and evaluation techniques for sustainable and active modes of transport. We measure the impacts of our own work and work delivered by partners and clients across the UK. We also undertake research collaborations with consultants and academic groups.
To discuss how we can help you, contact Andy Cope, telephone 0191 269 9370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitation of research collaborations
- Knowledge of national and local data sets
- Access to our own data sets
- Access to projects, interventions, beneficiaries and ideas
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection in a range of settings
- Data processing and communication
- Knowledge of research funding streams
- Practical insight into the challenges of working on sustainable and active travel in different settings
Some of the projects we have been involved in:
- Visions2030 - an ambitious project to develop visions of what a major increase in cycling and walking would mean in practice; and to articulate the steps needed to achieve these visions.
- iConnect – a team of researchers who are looking at the impact of investment in cycling and walking infrastructure, but particularly at the impact of the Connect2 programme of investment.
- Understanding Walking and Cycling – a specific research project that sought to explore the factors that influence everyday travel decisions; and specifically why people do or do not choose to cycle and walk for short everyday journeys. Read the final report (pdf).