We are a leading charity enabling people to choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys.
25 April 2016
22 April 2016The Department for Transport’s new rules on signing open the way for safer and more convenient routes for cyclists and pedestrians. Measures common...
22 April 2016
4 March 2016
19 April 2016
12 April 2016
5 April 2016This May sees the second National Women and Cycling conference, this year held in Hereford. It’s hosted by Herefordshire County Council and WE Cycle...
Search our route mapping
Over the last 12 months we’ve helped put cycling and walking on the political agenda in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and London. We joined forces with local campaign groups, produced manifestos, and engaged with politicians to make cycling and walking a focal point in all devolved elections.
• In Northern Ireland we teamed up with Cycling UK and NI Greenways to survey candidates. Around 50% responded, the majority showed strong support for long-term cycling investment of at least £10 per head.
• In Scotland we published ‘On the move – a joint manifesto for active travel’ in 2015 alongside UK Cycle, Living Streets, Transform Scotland, the Ramblers, and Paths for All.
• In London we’ve been working behind the scenes since 2015 to engage and brief the mayoral candidates. Cycling has become a significant fighting ground in the mayoral elections.
• In Wales we’ve been lobbying the main political parties to improve the provision of active travel. We emphasised getting children walking, cycling and scootering to school to tackle the inactivity health crisis.
We'll be watching closely on 5 May and look forward to working with devolved governments to make cycling and walking safe, easy and possible for everyone.
- @sustrans: RT @copenhagenize: On my street. Modern and intelligent reallocation of urban space. 20 bike racks outside a youth club. Packed in PM https…
- @sustrans: RT @acombprimary: Thank you to children, parents and staff for taking part in the @sustrans #BigPedal. We're waiting to see where we finish…
Let us inspire you
We’ve got some great ideas and stories to inspire, entertain and excite.